.

.

Monday, May 9, 2016

MC Blvd



Robert Hijar (MC Blvd) was born in East Los Angeles on march 15, 1972. He lived in east Los Angeles until the age of 7 where his family moved to north hollywood/burbank area of the san fernando valley. In 1977, while only 5 years old, his parents separated and he was mostly raised by his mom and grandma"My mom was always working to support the family which meant that much of my time growing up was spent with my grandma. I would only see my dad on birthdays and on holidays".

I always liked music as a young kid and I remember being just 10 years old and imitating artist like prince and Michael Jackson,Whodin, run DMC,Sugar hill gang, Public enemy, Beasty boys, George clinton and others.These attest were the early influences on me and have been a part of my music ever since. Although I loved different styles of music growing up I started listening to a lot of oldies and funk as I got into my early teens, infect, it was the influence of funk music that got me going tp The "Boulevard" to break-dance and rap. 
Then as I got into my early twenties I became even more open minded about other types of music and I started listening to spanish music like rancheras,salsa,cumbias,and corridos. You will see in some of my songs the influence of such spanish rhythms and beats.



YouTube Video Jesus Saved My Life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZTBQmY_I7A

No comments:

Post a Comment